Friday, April 7, 2017

Oh Hoppy Day!

Spring greetings everyone! I am back on the Sunsational Design Team! We are expanding and have a fabulous Design Team, so grab a cup or glass of your favorite beverage and stroll, or as it may be, scroll through the new store and peruse the blog for some super Sunsational inspiration!
Today I used the adorable bunny from the new City Critters image set and created a slider card.  The bunny is busy painting eggs and enjoying a beautiful spring day.  He slides back and forth over the little hill spreading Springtime smiles.  Look for more of the adorable images from this set in the coming weeks.  You can see all the adorable critters if you hop on over to the shop, which you can access Here.
Oh Hoppy Day Card using City Critters Image Set
Below are pictures showing all the items needed to make this card, plus the "mechanics" of the slider element.
What I used to assemble the card.
Mechanics of the Slider Element.
I used Lawn Fawn, Lawn Cuts dies for the stitched hill and the Springtime Showers for the sun and clouds.  When I cut the hill I also cut a piece of white cardstock twice to make a track for the slider.  Then I put strips of foam adhesive slightly larger than the dime, which is what I attach the bunny to.  I also created a small paintbrush for the bunny to hold.  I used foam tape to pop up the hill to give the bunny room to roam.  I made little Easter eggs by coloring little oval cut outs and I used a white gel pen to add little decorations to the eggs. I then sprinkled enamel dots to represent Jellybeans.  Finally, I stamped one of the clouds with "Oh Hoppy Day" from a Newton's Nook stamp set.  I added the sun and clouds and called it done!
I hope you enjoyed today's springtime card.  Please follow the blog by clicking on the "Follow Me" button and like us on Facebook, so you don't miss a thing!
Happy Scrappin'
Eileen :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute, I need to make a slider card one of these days, I have the dies for it, just haven't used them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeeAnn! I can't wait to see the slider you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you made this slider! You've inspired me to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete