Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sunsational Jingles Guest Post

Hello, crafters! My name is Jeanie Ellis and I'm so excited to announce that I've been asked to do a Guest Designer spot for Sunsational Stamps! And the theme for this month is Christmas in July! But first, a bit about Sunsational Stamps:

"Sunsational Crafts is a small company from Minnesota that specializes in crafting products such as our own clear stamp line, dies, paper & more that are whimsical and fun. Sunsational Crafts was started in 2016 by Lisa Peters. Sunsational Crafts is a place where all your paper crafting needs are met.
Lisa Peters is the designer and illustrator who has a love for crafting which started long before Sunsational Crafts was even a dream. Her passion is a driving force at Sunsational Crafts! She enjoys spending her free time playing games, reading, lots of different crafting, and relaxing with her four children, grandson and her fur baby, Pugsley. She strives to create cute stamps and crafting goodies that are truly one of a kind."
I was very excited about the opportunity to do a design project for this fairly new company. And I received the cutest little digital to use in my project! Jingles is the cutest little thing who has her best friend with her, enjoying the holidays by the expressions on their faces! So I decided to do a tag with her. Here it is:
She was so fun to color! I used my markers, then went over the markers with my Prismacolors. It seemed to give it more of a depth to the colors. I then set her aside and worked on my tag, cutting it out with my Fiskars and then layering it with musical paper and then a couple rectangle sheets underneath. I used Tim Holtz distress inks on all the edges of the papers. I then hot glued the lace border with lace pearl drops onto the bottom of the tag and added a sentiment to that. 

Before I adhered her to the tag, I angled some lace from the top right to the bottom left and glued it on. A large snowflake with a rhinestone was added to the top along with a butterfly from Reneabouquets. I added a die cut Christmas tree to the background and finally adhered Jingles onto the tag with some 3D foam squares. Finally, I added some pearl sprays to the side and slipped tinsel through the punched hole in the top.

I am so very glad you stopped by! It's such a blessing when you do! And be sure to check out Sunsational Stamps!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

 

No comments:

Post a Comment